Mainly for my FutureSelf, but also for any interested party, this is a little HowTo explainer about some useful but non-obvious features of BlogDown that i may not remember in the moment how to use -so i can get back up to speed on it quickly.
This is not intended as comprehensive documentation -for that, see [references] below, but rather a form of scaffolding that should serve for now, and grow as i learn new methods that i expect to be using more in future.
Tool Chain: the essential technologies:
- In the cloud: GitHub and Netlify
- Desktop standards: RStudio with Blogdown plugin (including Hugo framework and Lithium theme)
- Desktop options: FoldingText and MacDown
Writing in Markdown
Posting to Blog
Writing a Page
Embedding a Map
Here’s another view of the same map, with overview panel:
For Further Reference:
- BlogDown: the book, the gitHub repo, the author’s blog
- Hugo templating system, Lithium theme